Saturday, January 30, 2010

On the thresh hold of adventure

Hello everyone, Paul here.  We have had quite a few very cool days.  First of all, the farewell (for now) party in Atlanta was a great success. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us.  Extra special thanks to the lovely Canadian lass Megan Jane Stewart for organizing the event. 

Today I was driven down to Panama City Beach, Florida by my traveling publicist Brisa Oldfather as well as her fiance Thomas Clayton Spoerner.  Thomas will be joining me on several of the days of the walk (who knows maybe all of them!)  We're being taken good care of at the home of Gene Mitchell who is a great songwriter and record label owner.  We went to the Margaritaville Cafe and while there I got to meet some of the Margaritaville employees who were very nice and gave us lots of hugs.  I did an interview with Channel 7 (NBC) which will be on TV soon. Then we did some dancing to the house band and I had some delicious conch fritters.  Although Margaritaville is not officially a sponsor of ours (Margaritaville Tequila is, however) they have been more like a "friend" of the walk.  They care about what is happening.  If anyone wonders why Mr. Buffett and his empire are so successful, it's because he picks smart and wonderful people to run the organization.

Tomorrow morning I will begin my 300 plus mile Walk to New Orleans.  I will get to the Cafe at 10:00 AM (Central Time).   I will begin walking when I am done talking to the newspapers.  I am a very determined person.  With God's will, I will get there!

Thank you to the following people who have been my team: Brisa Oldfather my publicist, her soon-to-be-husband (and classical pianist) Thomas, Megan Jane Stewart for promoting things in Atlanta, my Attorney and web designer C. Anthony Jones, and the designer of our logos Shahlayo Ranson.  Special thanks for Monte Tolar for coordinating so many ideas and all of the wonderful words of encouragement.  Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment